Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thoughts on The Alchemist by Crystal - Maktub -


"The closer one gets to realizing his Personal Legend, the more that Personal Legend becomes his true reason for being."
I like this quote because I have found this to be true in my life. I think that if you have righteous intentions then the more you strive to be the best and do the best (you Personal Legend) then the more that becomes who you are.
When I first read this book it was my dream to go to a foreign country and serve in a humanitarian capacity. Since realizing this dream (going to Africa and working in orphanages) I learned more about myself, about the world, and about the Gospel than I ever thought was possible. I also learned in doing this, what I really loved to do in life. This prompted me to explore more my career of caring for children and opening up a daycare.
But even more importantly, my experiences changed the direction of my life completely. It was because of this that I married who I did. And that is the best blessing of all!
So in the end, my simple dream of going to Africa became my whole life.
Those are my thoughts.
Please share your thoughts!
Oh, and hows the reading coming for The Wedding?
~Crystal~

No comments:

Post a Comment